1. Do you dream every night?
2. Do you remember your dreams?
3. Which kind of dream do you remember with more details? Dreams or nightmares?
4. Do nightmares have meanings? Do you believe your nightmares are telling you something?
5. If you had a horrible nightmare about a plane crash the night before you were going to fly to another city, would you change your plans? Why not?
6. Has any of your nightmares ever come true? If so, describe it.
7. What are recurrent dreams or nightmares? Have you ever had any?
B. Watch the first segment of the movie. This is the main character's nightmare. Try to figure out what it means. What do the objects, animals and people mean? What is the nightmare trying to tell her?
C. Share your guesses with the whole class.
D. Now watch the second segment. The main character asks her friend to give her some explanations about the dream.
E. Talk to a partner:
According to her friend:
1. What does the dog mean?
2. What does the baby mean?
3. What do you think the nightmare means now, combining both pieces of information? Be creative.
4. What will happen next?
5. Would you like to share one of your nightmares with the class?
6. What's your opinion about their interpretation of the dream?
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - THE UNBORN