A. Interview each other. Take turns asking the questions below.
1. How worried are you about the environment?
2. What is the most recent story that you have heard lately about the environment?
3. What are the biggest problems concerning the environment in your country?
4. What danger does your country pose to the global environment?
5. Do you think the American government is more concerned about its economy or the environment? Explain it.
6. Which countries are leaders in caring and not caring about the environment?
7. What do you think of environmental groups like Greenpeace? Do you know any other one?
8. Do you think our environment is impossible to be repaired now? Why (not)?
9. Do you think international meetings on the environment are useful? Have they helped? Explain it.
10. What do you do to help the environment?
B. Watch the first scene from the splendid movie Avatar. Then, in pairs, answer the questions about it. Information you might find helpful for the contextualization of the movie - taken from Avatar's informative site :
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - AVATAR - PARTS 1, 2 & 3