Friday, November 6, 2009
Lakeview Terrace & Rear Window: Neighbors
I. Interview a partner:
1. Talk about your neighborhood. Do you know all your neighbors?
2. What kind of neighbors do you have?
3. Do you trust them? Why (not)?
4. Do you have nosy neighbors?
5. What about noisy neighbors?
6. What should one do to be a good neighbor?
II. Switch roles now.
1. Is it good to have neighbors who visit you often? Why (not)?
2. Talk about your best neighbor.
3. Talk about your worst neighbor.
4. What are the most common disagreements between neighbors.
5. Have you ever argued with a neighbor? Talk about it.
6. Have you ever had a "dog problem" with a neighbor? Talk about it.
III. Watch the segment from the movie Lakeview Terrace now and discuss the following questions
1. Describe what happened in the segment.
2. How would you describe their relationship? Why?
3. What do you think happened before the segment?
4. What will probably happen next?
5. Who's right in the scene?
III. Circle the adjectives that you believe your neighbors would apply to you and underline the ones you think apply to your neighbor (choose one of them).
IV. Now watch the segment from the movie Rear Window and discuss the questions that follow.
1. Describe the scene.
2. What do you think actually happened?
3. Was the owner of the dog right to say what she did? Explain it.
4. What kind of neighborhood is it?
5. How do you compare these neighbors to the ones in the first segment?
6. Which of the adjectives in the previous exercise apply to this neighborhood?
7. How different are these neighbors from your own?