Friday, January 8, 2010
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - Terracotta Army in China
I. Work in pairs to answer the following questions. Write T (True) or F (False) about facts related to the Army. Information taken from - wikipedia.
1 ( ) Terracotta army is also know as the City of Death.
2 ( ) It is a semi-subterranean mausoleum with an army of 7.000 clay terracotta warriors.
3 ( ) There are sculptures of soldiers, chariots, horses and dragons.
4 ( ) The statues have real life sizes.
5 ( ) The statues were vividly painted.
6 ( ) Only about 1.000 soldiers have been excavated so far.
7 ( ) It was discovered in 1924.
8 ( ) The emperor's ambition was to recreate the empire for his after life.
9 ( ) Half the soldiers have been seriously damaged during the excavations.
10. ( ) All the soldiers look exactly alike.
3. Not dragons -
7. 1974 -
9. Almost none of them -
10. don't look alike
II. Now watch the movie segment and answer the questions.
1. Describe what happened in the segment.
2. What do you think would happen to them if they had been the ones who actually discovered the secret army?
3. By looking at the army, what do you think was the emperor's intention building them?
4. Visitations to the mausoleum are not allowed. Do you think it is a right policy? Why (not) ?
5. What should the Chinese government do about the army? Justify your answer.