solidarity for HIV positive people living with AIDS
Vitruvian man symbolizes everything about Leonardo DaVinci’s calculated approach to both art and science and the beauty of the human form
no smoking area
swastika - racism and the "white supremacy" of Neo-Nazis
I. Work in groups. Which symbol could represent the following ideas? Use your imagination.
Wireless Internet connection
II. Choose four of them and create posters with your own image. Make sure your friends will guess what it means from your drawings.
III. Share your posters with the class and let them guess what they represent.
IV. Watch the first segment from the movie The Da Vinci Code and answer the questions in pairs.
1. What does Professor Robert Langdon say about what symbols can help us understand?
2. What were both interpretations of the symbol he showed first?
3. What about the second symbol?
4. And the third one?
5. What message does he want to give with this presentation?
V. Watch now the second segment from the same movie and answer the questions in pairs.
1. What does the pentagon represent in this context of the segment?
2. What is your interpretation of the whole scene?
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - THE DA VINCI CODE PART 1
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - THE DA VINCI CODE PART 2