2. What do you understand by teamwork? How effective is it?
4. Is teamwork always necessary in a person's professional life? Explain it.
Then discuss the questions:
Teams are groups of people with complementary skills who are committed to a common purpose
- a team whose membership, size and resources match the task
- good leadership and attention to team-building
- commitment by team members to understand and identify with one another's goals the development of team goals – a shared vision
- a sense of common ownership of the task at hand and joint responsibility for its achievement co-ordinated effort and planned sharing of tasks evenly across the team
- the open exchange of information within the team
- honesty and frankness among team members.
Effective teamwork may be undermined by a variety of problems, for example:
- poor communication
- misunderstandings or inadequate procedures for problem-solving.
- Team functioning can be weakened by obstacles faced by individual members within the team, as well as by difficulties linked to the task.
IV. Watch the movie segments below: They show two different moments of the same team in the movie "The Internship". These groups must work as a team in order to achieve some tasks/goals in order to be hired by Google. Then answer the questions that follow each one of them.
1. What is the task they have to achieve?
2. Why do they have to work as a team?
3. How successful are they as a team?
4.What could they have done to be more successful?
5. How do you compare their team with their opponent's?
V. Watch the second segment from the same movie and answer the questions:
1. What is their new task?
2. How successful were they?
3. What has changed in the group's attitude from the first to the second segment.
4. Why was teamwork more successful this time?
V. Watch the ads below. Explain how teamwork was dealt with in the presented situations.