Divide the class in half. S1 reads the explanation given by the site http://www.deceptology.com/2011/02/is-propaganda-good-or-bad-it-depends.html to explain PROPAGANDA.
III. Now watch the segments from the movies Capitalism: a Love Story and The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Then answer these questions about both segments.
1. What is the propaganda in the segments?
2.How do you know it is propaganda?
3. How effective is it?
4. What are the principles or messages behind it?
5. What do both segments have in common?
6. How different are they?
7. How different is propaganda and advertisement?
8. Do you think that advertisements can be propaganda too? Explain it.
SEGMENT - CAPITALISM: A LOVE STORY
- MOVIE SEGMENT: CAPITALISM, A LOVE STORY - PROPAGANDA
- MOVIE SEGMENT: THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PAJAMAS - PROPAGANDA