I. Watch the scene from the movie Mona Lisa Smile. Then work with a partner and make a list of all the adversities the teacher faced in her first class with this group of students.
II. Work in small groups:
III. What would you do to make these students interested in the content she is teaching? Think about a lesson plan and strategies to make the following class more effective. Share your ideas with the class.
IV. Watch the second segment from the same movie, Mona Lisa Smile, and answer the questions that follow in small groups.
1. How effective was her class? Why?
2. What were the teacher's strategies to make the class more effective this time? How successful was she?
3. How do you think the teacher's and students' relationship be from this class on?
4. Did you think about the same kind of strategy the teacher did? What did your ideas have in common and how different were they?
5. What kind of learners do you think they are? Visual, aural (auditory) or kinesthetic? Explain it.
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - MONALISA SMILE 1
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - MONALISA SMILE 2