I. Work in pairs:
1. Talk about one embarrassing situation you have experienced. What happened and how did you deal with it?
2. What makes you feel embarrassed?
3. Rank the following situations below. 1 is the most embarrassing one.
- Being under dressed at a party.
- Being overdressed at a party
- Being the only one not wearing a costume at a party.
- Being the only one wearing a costume at a party.
- Falling in front of everyone.
- Not remembering someone's name.
- Asking something the listener dislikes.
- Being accused of something you did not do in front of others.
- Dumping a lover.
- Being dumped by a lover.
Watch the segments below and answer the same questions about all the segments.
1. What is the embarrassing situation?
2. How did the characters deal with them? 3. How would you react in that situation?
4. How could have the situation been prevented from happening?
SITUATION 1: Mr. Woodcock
Segment 2: 27 Dresses
Segment 3: License to Wed
Segment 4: Sex and the City 2