I. Discuss the questions:
1. Have you ever purchased anything that did not correspond to what had been advertised or promised? Share this experience.
2. What do you do when you feel deceived by a product or store?
3. What do you do to be compensated for the damage?
4. How can certain companies mislead the consumer to buy their products?
5. What do your country laws say about misleading ads?
6. Misleading advertising occurs when a claim about a product or service is materially false or misleading, in an attempt to persuade the consumer to buy it. What should the consequences be to a company/product whose ads are misleading?
II. Watch the segment form the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and discuss the questions:
1. What is being promised and what is being offered?
2. How misleading is the ad?
3. What would you do if you were one of those tourists?
4. What sort of punishment, if any, should the hotel owner receive? Explain your answer.
5. Would you like to go the Marigold Hotel? Why (not)?
6. Have you ever experienced anything similar when you traveled? Talk about it.
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL