Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Bridesmaids & French Kiss: Fear of Flying - Expressing Likes and Dislikes




I love both movies. Bridesmaids is a wonderful, funny story with great acting. The scene from the movie French Kiss is priceless. One of my all  times favorites.


Complete the sentences below with things you like when you travel by plane (or bus, car, boat).


Expressing likes:



I love                                                            .

I like _______________________________.

I fancy ...                                                               .

I enjoy  ...                                             . 

I'm crazy about ...                            . 

I'm keen on  ...                                       . 

I'm fond of   ...                                                  . 


Complete the sentences below with things you dislike when you travel by plane (or bus, car, boat).

Expressing dislikes:


I hate                                                                  . 

I don't like                                            . 

I don't fancy                                  . 

I can't stand                                     . 

I can't bear                            .

 I can't put up with                 .  

I'm fed up with                    . 

I'm sick of                        . 

I'm tired of                          .


Watch the movie segments. Then write sentences, expressing the characters likes and dislikes. Do not use the words love/like/hate/don't like to express their likes and dislikes.


Ex: They don't fancy traveling by plane.


Bridesmaids

















French Kiss


















Work in Pairs:

1. How do you feel when you have to travel by plane?

2. How scared are you to fly?

3. What makes you scared while flying?

4. Would travel by plane if you had a dream of a plane accident the night before your trip? Why (not)?

5. Have you ever experienced a scary moment while traveling by plane? Share it with a friend?

6. Number from 1 to 5 the means of transportation you prefer using when traveling:


( ) plane
( ) car
( ) ship
( ) train
( ) bike

MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - FRENCH KISS


MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - BRIDESMAIDS

No comments:

Post a Comment